This can make a good change-of-pace lunch, or as we originally used it for, it can be good party food on a buffet. I'm giving you the real recipe, but I use whatever meats and cheeses I have on hand. It's flexible.
Also if I were feeding fewer than 7-8 people, as I often do, I would make a smaller batch- half or even less. It wouldn't be hard to do a single serving.
2 tubes crescent roll dough OR 1 recipe basic bread dough
¼ lb salami
¼ lb pepperoni slices
¼ lb ham
8 slices provolone
8 slices swiss OR cheddar
Italian dressing (optional)
2 eggs
2 T parmesan
Garlic powder
Hmmm. I'm not sure why it's double spacing the ingredients. Maybe it won't look like this after it's posted??? Anyway...
In a greased 9x13* press together/ roll out and lay half of your dough. Layer on one kind of cheese, the meats and the remaining cheese slices. Spread with Italian dressing to taste and half the beaten eggs. Cover with the second half of the dough. Brush with remaining eggs and sprinkle with parmesan and garlic to taste. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes. Cover with foil and bake for 10 more minutes.
*When I used my bread dough I also used a 10x15 pan. I forgot to state this before, thus Abby's very puffy/bready ones. I would say if you don't use a bigger pan, that you will probably want to use part of your dough to make rolls or something! : )
2 comments:
wow this looks wonderful! I am so putting this on the menu for next paycheck! :) but I will probably buy my dough cuz I only have good luck with the bread maker and often forget to get it out in time for dinner.
Sara
We had this a couple nights ago and it was great!! My bread rose quite a bit so it was a LOT taller than in the picture but... we managed to eat almost the entire pan (9x13) so I'm guessing the extra breadiness of it didn't detract from the original flavor :D.
Post a Comment